Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What am I looking for?

Well, after three days of lounging around the house in a pain med-induced coma, I'm definitely looking for a way out of here. I'm not conscious enough to do any actual work, but I'm conscious enough to be bored out of my mind. My day is essentially broken up into two parts:

Part One: Laying in bed with my cat, staring up at the ceiling
Part Two: Laying in bed with my cat, staring at a computer screen

Both have gotten old.

For some reason, I have this unbelievable urge to WRITE, to produce something semi-useful so that at the end of this week, I can look back at my recovery and say, "Hey, I was pretty productive." Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Strangely enough, with all this "free" time on my hands, I've had no desire to turn on the T.V. In fact, I think I hate T.V. - it's really just background noise, but there's enough of that in my head, so why bother?

There's this vast part of me that's grateful for the silence in the house during the day. Then there's this oh-so-tiny part of me that is going absolutely nuts...and I think that part is winning.

It's 9:42 and far past my normal bedtime, but I've slept so much today, I don't know that sleep will come easy tonight. Besides, I've been having such weird dreams, I'm not sure I'm eager to get back to sleep anyway. I'm sure they'd make great stories if I could remember them long enough to write them down when I wake up.

Well, the battery is going to die on my computer and I'm far too lazy to get up and plug it in, so I suppose that's it for tonight. Perhaps I'll have better news tomorrow.

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment